Create a mobile app that would increase self-awareness of people with a 2000-year old proven eastern philosophy of meditation.
- Black Lotus is a meditation app with core emphasis on creating a spiritual mystic vibe, in accordance with harmony and peace, which is associated with the discipline of meditation.
- Black Lotus partnered with Pepper Square to design the app UI using a range of iconography and symbols that can be universally inferred and are in sync with the app’s Global appeal.
- Aligning the new UI to other sections of the existing app
- Symbolic representation of 10 unique stages of a user to gain spiritual attainment.
- Design an interface which will help the user measure and attain spiritual progress
The value delivered
- A platform to meditate, watch discourses and spread goodness through Random Act of Kindness (Raks).
- The new designs resonated well with the target audience and there was an outpour of positive response after the app hit the stores.
- New users after 3.0 release increased by 72% over a span of 30 days.
- 15,796 Raks (Random Act of Kindness) were logged globally within 30 days of the new release.
- Wide range of iconography created, inspired by Buddhist symbols while keeping the overall app’s Global appeal.
- Ten stages of meditation and their representation encouraged the user to gain spiritual attainment through gamified Mahamudra progression.
- Gamification increased the app downloads by 30% in 25 days.
Design and collaboration
What our client has to say
I personally want to thank the Pepper Square team for contributing to the app. The app is what it looks like today, because of the team. I thank you for working all those late hours and giving your best in all the creatives, even in places which are not easy to discern to the normal eye. Thank you for providing the leadership and expert opinions – all of which added value.
I also want to let you know, there has been an outpouring of positive feedback by many users ever since the app has hit the stores. I look forward to working with Pepper Square in the coming days to take this to the next level. Thanks again.