Redesign a modern metric driven diagnostic tool interface to be used on multiple platforms: iPads, mobile phones, large surface and instrument control screens.
- Abbott was seeking to revolutionize the way their customers interact with their analyzer instruments by providing a consistent and compelling user experience via the software interface.
- Abbott partnered with Pepper Square for the redesign of the instrument software interface. This software was used on a number of platforms: notebook computers, large surface and mobile devices e.g. iPads, smart phones, and instrument control screens.
- Cross platform functionality with seamless user experience.
- Make the interface visible on a horizontally placed surface computing tablet in a lab setting.
- Collaborate and iterate frequently with teams from 5 different countries.
The value delivered
- A “chromeless” user interface was displayed on a 21 inch touch screen, placed inside the diagnostic instrument.
- Design harmony was created between Abbott’s hardware and the software by following the Visual Brand Language.
- Successfully collaborated with Abbott’s human factors team, UI continuity design team, project members from R&D, marketing and software.
- The project was delivered one month before the scheduled timeline and successfully launched in the emerging markets.
Development tools & technologies
Design and collaboration
What our client has to say
Thank you for participating in the UX & UI design project. Great work on redesigning the UX and UI. Our team is very impressed with Pepper Square work.