Our Mobile App Design Process
To address the unique problems of your target audience, we implement tried-and-tested mobile app design methodologies, including Steve Krug’s Don’t Make Me Think. Coupled with a detail-oriented approach, we, an app design company with decades of expertise, guarantee solutions that create maximum impact for your business.
It is an iterative process in which we seek to understand the user and their challenges and redefine problems in an attempt to identify alternative strategies and solutions.
Mobile app vision and strategy
Mobile app strategy is the combination of a vision and achievable goals that work together to direct the team towards the desired outcome: the ultimate user experience.
Mobile app research
- Are there similar mobile apps on the market?
- Why is a particular mobile app working or failing?
- What has been tried, and what has never been attempted?
We choose from a range of methods so that our mobile app designing research is well-rounded.
User modeling and analysis is the ultimate reality check on whether or not people will be excited about your mobile app. The goal is to understand their struggles, know the details of circumstance and context, and gauge their reactions to the current mobile app.
During this phase, it is critical to not only generate ideas but also to confirm that the most crucial design assumptions on app developments are valid.
We believe art is personal, and design is GLOBAL. We follow our unique design philosophy to create successful designs.
Testing & Validation
Usually, the validation phase starts when the high-fidelity design is fleshed out. Similar to the mobile app research phase, this phase also varies between projects.
We apply design thinking approach and focus on end-to-end mobile app development, not just the “design phase.”
- User Research
- UX Audit
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Information Architecture
- Mobile App Strategy
- User Experience
- Android, iOS and Hybrid App Design
- UI UX Design Integration
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Usability Testing
We fuse UI UX design and mobile app development skills to help leading companies create mobile apps that change the world.
Hear from our clients
How was your experience working with Pepper Square?
Founder & CEO,
National Fitness Campaign
The great thing about working with Pepper Square is everybody there really wants to make sure that we are happy and excited about the products that we are building.
How did your partnership with Pepper Square go?
Pepper Square is incredible, and we truly treasure our time with each staff member we meet.The team also made this a very memorable experience by visiting our office in Omaha. This was indeed a fantastic experience.
Why would you recommend Pepper Square?
SVP, Digital Production
Pepper Square has become a trusted partner with us. They are client-focused with a positive approach. I respect their approach that added value to our business and I strongly recommend them if you need an outside digital development partner.
What are the major questions to ask the agency regarding mobile app development?
- What is your experience in mobile app development?
- Can you provide references or case studies of similar projects you have completed?
- What is your process for app development, and how do you ensure quality control?
- What platforms and technologies do you specialize in, and which do you recommend for my project?
- How do you handle communication and project management throughout the development process?
- What is your pricing structure, and how do you handle changes in scope or timelines?
- How do you handle app maintenance and updates after the initial launch?
- Can you provide ongoing support and maintenance after the app is launched?
- What would be the estimated timeline for completing this project?
- How do you handle intellectual property and confidentiality concerns?
What apps are used for UI design?
- Figma: This cloud-based flexible design tool allows real-time collaboration among designers, teams, and clients. It offers a wide range of features for UI and UX design, prototyping, and collaboration.
- Sketch: A vector-based design tool that is popular among UI and UX designers. It offers many features and plugins to streamline the design process.
- Adobe XD: A user-experience design tool that enables designers to create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for web and mobile apps.
Does Pepper Square offer interface design services?
To kick off the interface design process, we delve into the essence of your brand, its image, and overall business objectives. This helps us develop a design that not only looks good but also works for your business by being user-friendly and optimized for conversions. We use the word “engineer” because good design goes beyond aesthetics – it’s about creating a solution that is effective.
Our design process usually starts with wireframing different sections of the project while considering the user journey. Once you approve the wireframes and specifications, we will produce visually striking mockups that demonstrate how your app or website will appear upon completion. You will have the chance to provide feedback on the look and feel, and we won’t commence coding until you are satisfied and have signed off on the artwork.
We believe that effective design and usability require continuous improvement based on how users interact with the product. Tools such as HotJar enable us to observe heat maps and videos that show how people are using your product in the real world, providing valuable insights on what is and isn’t working.