Build, test and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of the software.
What is this job all about?
It is a technical and IT operations role. You focus on speed up and automating aspects of developing, testing, and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates.
- Must have - AWS S3, EC2, GitLab/Hub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio. Web servers like Nginx, Apache. Shell scripting or Python.
- Good to have - Gradle, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, Raygun, Prometheus, Chef, Terraform, JAMStack, ELK Stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- In-depth understanding of software development practices.
- Extensive knowledge of architecting highly scalable and efficient infrastructure.
- Extensive experience in Linux-based environments.
Your job consists of
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding stakeholders' needs, analyzing current technology utilized, and developing steps and processes to improve and scale.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'.
- Working with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide.
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
Qualification: Degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) field.