Capture and transform visuals that inspire the audience and tell a compelling story.
What is this job all about?
Being technical is great but having a vision is essential. The role of the cinematographer is to be both technical and creative and tell an inspiring story. When user attention diminishes within a few seconds, you play a vital role in creating videos and shaping their creative aesthetic to perfection based on behavioral science. You are responsible for capturing, editing, and producing videos and pictures for internal and external audiences.
- Must have - DSLR, IPhone 12 Pro, Drones, Premiere pro, After Effect, Photoshop, Illustrator, Apple Final Cut Pro, Lightworks, Avid Media Composer.
- Good to have - Special effects, 3D, Motion graphics, VFX, Compositing, Creative Design and Content Writing.
- Proven work experience as a Cinematographer and Video Editor.
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation.
- Good grasp of storytelling, photography and videography, and design.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, strategic inputs, and continuity.
Your job consists of
- Analyzing the screenplay, characters, and story structure and deciding on a visual approach with the director.
- Conducting research regarding available locations, props, sun position, and weather conditions at the prospective film sites.
- Selecting and sourcing required equipment, tools, and crew members.
- Visiting locations and taking a series of test shots before deciding on the angles, filers, film stock, framing, equipment, lighting, and techniques used to create the desired atmosphere of the film.
- Approving costumes, make-up, and hair, as well as the color and textures used on set.
- Performing the full range of editing works from splicing to sound balancing to color correction and grading.
- Editing raw footage content and cutting video sequences to ensure that concepts are translated effectively.
- Reviewing all edited tapes to identify any issues and recommending changes as required.
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the film/video's logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage.
- Regularly collaborate with the marketing team and creative professionals.
Qualification: Bachelors in Film or Multimedia or related fields.