Quality can’t be enforced but lived. Your job is to crash everything that is built.
What is this job all about?
As Senior Quality Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
- Must have - Ability to Code Automated Tests using one or more automation tools including UFT/QTP, Katalon, Microsoft Coded UI, Ruby, Cucumber, Watir, Selenium etc.
- Expert in working with Web and Mobile Applications, Web Services, and Websites.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs using DevOps tools like JIRA, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to query and manipulate data. SQL experience would be a gain for successfully managing all kinds of data manipulation processes.
- Monitor debugging process results.
Your job consists of
- Define test scenarios, test cases and identify potential test automation possibilities to cover both sanity and in-depth testing.
- Create detailed, comprehensive test plans and metrics for tracking defects, fixes, test artifacts required for software product release.
- Design and execute manual and automation test scripts and ensure browser and device compatibility on various web and mobile devices.
- Discover and evaluate new methodologies and technologies to minimize errors by increasing speed and efficiency.
- Understand applications from creative, technical and business perspective to ensure simplicity and scalability.
- Closely work with business analysts, UX/UI designers and developers to understand requirements from planning to final release.
- Lead team members in planning, development and execution of functional and system level testing.
- Participate in design and functional specification reviews at various stages with teams.
- Develop processes that help team in maintaining quality and automation metrics, code reusability and manual test reduction.