About the Idea
eMenu is a disruptive idea in the form of a mobile app, which aims to replace physical menu cards by the digital ones.
It aims to provide mutual benefit to both, customers as well as the restaurant owners.
The requirement was to design and develop an iOS based mobile app and content management system (CMS) to replace physical menu cards.
This involved complete ideation of different app screens, layouts, user navigation, icons and development of the app.
Size of the team
- 1/2 Creative director
- 1/4 designer
- 1/2 UX/UI developer
- 1 Mobile developer
- 1 Quality assurance associate
Tenure of the project:
- X year and X months
- Oxifrugal - Optimal experience with frugal resources
iOS - Objective C with Cocos 2D
- Front end (UX/UI) - HTML 5, CSS 3, JSP, JSF 2.0+, Primefaces 4.0+
Scripting - Jquery Technology - JAVA , JSF 2.0+
Database - MySql 5.0+ and Sqlite (app)
Beta version users of eMenu considered the idea as a potential game changer for hospitality industry.
It gives values like
- One stop access to menus of various restaurant
- Interactive features with high resolution display
- Watch food preparation with live streaming
- Easy access to social platform to connect with dear ones over food
- Cut down in waiting time at restaurants—one of the many reasons foodies love eMenu
Engaging information with real picture and descriptions
Share and read opinions about the dining experience
Recommended accompaniments to best compliment the food for a complete experience
Restaurant owners use deals section to highlight offers bettering sales
Order summary with option to update quantity as per requirement
Order time countdown to set customer expectations
The app has clear layout with beautiful icons for a clutter free experience. This, along with intiuitive controls makes the complete process effortless. The subtle design retains the focus on the content i.e. menu and food.
Conveniently share food experience on social platform from eMenu
Videos of items to be served makes the whole experience more exciting and informative.
Like what we do?